About the Conference
This event allows for the important dissemination of new and emerging clinical practice standards as well as an opportunity to discuss health-related issues affecting the perinatal community. This one-day conference addresses many of the most pressing perinatal issues in the healthcare community focusing on current neonatal and obstetrical topics. The program is designed for perinatal nurses, pediatricians, obstetricians, neonatologists, hospital administrators, social workers, health educators and other professionals responsible for the care of mothers and/or newborns. Topics presented will explore areas of rapid change and significant influence on the practice of perinatal and neonatal care, with an emphasis on optimizing outcomes for mother and infant.
Agenda is subject to change at any point before and during the conference. PACLAC_2021Conference_Agenda
Please join us Congratulating the 2021 Recipients:
- Mitchell R. Goldstein Award for Dedication to Community Recipients: Jung Hsuan Lee is an RN, BSN, Wendy McGrail, MPH, RDN & Rebeca Pastrana Sheng, BS, IBCLC
- Ellen R. Silver Award for Nurse Leadership Recipient: Michele Curtis-Lavin, MN RN
- William Ginsberg Integrity Award Recipient: Sarah Overgaag, RN, BSN
- Barry Halpern Champion of Families Award Recipient: Dr. Bryan Oshiro, MD
- Lisa Bollman Caring & Compassion Award Recipient: Mimi Leza, BSN, RN, PHN, IBCLC
PAC/LAC 2021 Annual Conference
On May 27, 2021, more than 145 perinatal providers attended PAC/LAC’s 24th Annual Conference: Quality of Life of Families XXIV: Support & Empowerment in Perintal Nursing, hosted virtual via Zoom.
2021 Conference Presentations
- Deborah Allen, ScD: COVID-19 and Perinatal HealthIt’s Time for a Shared Commitment to Health Justice
- Sondi Adams, HEM, CWPM, TLO: Disaster Planning for home and work
- Tania F. Esakoff, MD: Advanced Maternal Age and Perinatal Outcomes
- Kimberly D. Gregory, MD, MPH: Preeclampsia and Health Disparities What does Joint Commission accreditation Perinatal Certification have to do with it
- Daniel M. Rosenberg, MD: How much do we put up with jaundice
- Nakeya Fields, LCSW: The Motherhood Transition Addressing the shift & its Impact on Family Wellness
- Hellen Rodriguez, MD: COVID19 The Vaccine and Women's Health Care
- Richard Meidell, MD: The History of NeonatologyA Personal Reflection
Please join us Congratulating the 2019 Recipients:
- Barry Halpern Champion of Causes Award: Leslie Kowalewski
- William Ginsberg Integrity Award: Victor Pozos
- Ellen R. Silver for Nurse Leadership Award: Carmen Rezak
- Mitchell Goldstein Dedication to Community Award: Eynav Accortt & Margaret Lynn Yonekura
PAC/LAC 2019 Annual Conference
On June 13, 2019, more than 200 perinatal providers attended PAC/LAC’s 23rd Annual Conference: Quality of Life of Families XXIII: Improving Care for Patients Across Generations and Cultures, hosted at the California Endowment in Los Angeles, CA.
2019 Conference Presentations
- Leslie Kowalewski: State Initiatives to Close the Black: White Infant Mortality Rate
- Michelle Collins: "Gas and Air;" The Utility of Nitrous Oxide in Childbirth
- Martha Dominguez: Cannabis Education and Information Campaign
- Wenonah Valentine: Making It Real: Data and Life Stories on Black Maternal and Infant Health
- Patricia Lirio, Jeff Mackenzie & Josephine Dutton: Successful Reduction of Maternal Mortality and Morbidity, Utilizing Simulation
- Angelina Spicer: Post-Partum Mood Disorders, My Personal Story
- Ann Fulcher: UCSD Medical Center's Volunteer Doula Program: The Role of Hospital-based Doulas Improving Maternal and Neonatal Health Outcomes
On May 31, 2018, more than 100 perinatal providers attended PAC/LAC’s 22nd Annual Conference: Quality of Life of Families XXII: Changing World in Perinatal Care, hosted at the California Endowment in Los Angeles, CA.
2018 Conference Presentations
- Marc Richard Moeller: Lingual Inspection Protocol for Infants
- Dr. Eynav E. Accortt: Postpartum Depression Screening Education and Referral Program
- Dr. Barbara Ferrer: Disparities and Premature Births: Closing the Gaps ; Handouts: Reframe Using Health Equity Lens; Los Angeles County Health Agency Center for Equity and A Pathway to Equity: A Framework to Close the Black-White Gap in Infant Mortality
- Holly Gibbs: Taking a Stand Against Human Trafficking
- Claire Hagan: Perinatal Legal Risks: Tips on Staying Out of Court
- Gwen McMillin: The Scoop on Biological Testing for Detecting or Confirming Drug-Exposed Newborns-what, when and how?
- Shannon Enochs: Caring for the LGBTQ Patient: Creating a Culture of Sensitivity
PAC/LAC 2017 Annual Conference
On June 1, 2017, more than 100 perinatal providers attended PAC/LAC’s 21st Annual Conference: Quality of Life of Families XXI: New Frontiers in Quality Care for Mothers and Babies, hosted at the California Endowment in Los Angeles, CA.
2017 Conference Presentations
- Dr. Diana Ramos: Opportunities for Collaboration to improve Perinatal Outcomes
- Dr. Neil Silverman: The Buzz on Zika and Pregnancy: An Update for Clinicians
- Dr. Margaret Lynn Yonekura: The Impact of Marijuana on Pregnancy, the Fetus, and the Neonate
- Ms. Melodee Bartel and Mr. Shannon Black: Compassionate Care: Supporting Staff After a Crisis
- Dr. Priya Jegatheesan: Controversies in Neonatal Hypoglycemia
- Captain Stephen Wilkinson: Communication: Using Proven Aviation Principles in 21st Century Healthcare
PAC/LAC 2016 Annual Conference
On May 20, 2016, more than 100 perinatal providers attended PAC/LAC’s 20th Annual Conference: Quality of Life for Families XX: Promoting a Culture of Safety in the Family Centered Care Model, hosted at the California Endowment in Los Angeles, CA.
2016 Conference Presentations
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Fact, Fiction and Clinical Practice in 2016, Cheryl A Milford, Ed.S.
- How to Make Safety Sexy: Patient Safety and Documentation Dilemmas, Lawrence D. Lurvey MD, JD
- Cultural Humility: Working with Families of Different Cultures, Katie Balderas, MPH, CLEC
- Antibiotic Stewardship Panel Discussion: Ramifications for Baby, Mother, and Family,
- David Braun, MD, Linda Goodman, NNP, MSN, Kurlen S. Payton, MD
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program – Updates, Gil Martin, MD, FAAP
- Nurturing Your “Work Family:” Building Support and Trust in the Clinical Team, Teresa McKee, MS