Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Online Training Course
Healthcare Course for Nurses: $50
15 hours of webcast lessons (video of power point presentation with instructor’s audio) covering the 10 Steps to Breastfeeding Success. At the end of the 15 hours of online training, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative’s 10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding
- Recommend prenatal educational activities to prepare for breastfeeding
- Assist mothers in initiating breastfeeding during their hospital or birth center stay
- Troubleshoot common breastfeeding problems
- Instruct mothers in continued breastfeeding according to the recommendations of the U.S. Surgeon General
- Interact successfully with the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative assessment team
Click to read the Course Outline and Course Topics Overview to learn more about this course.
Upon registration, please use discount code paclac to receive the discounted rate of $50.
Provider Course for Physicians/Midwives: $35
3 hour training for Physicians, Midwives, Physician Assistants, and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) with privileges for labor, delivery, maternity, and nursery/newborn care.
Upon registration, please use discount code paclac to receive the discounted rate of $35.
Public Health Course for Public Health Nurses: $20
5 hours of out-patient specific training for public health nurses and others working with families after hospital discharge. Not all facilities will have a need to train staff to work with out-patient families, but for those who do, this will build on the initial 15 hours of training and address long term breastfeeding issues.
Upon registration, please use discount code paclac to receive the discounted rate of $20.