Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Online Training Course
This unique online course provides education for Registered Nurses, Physicians, Midwives, Physician Assistants, and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses.
PAC/LAC is pleased to offer a negotiated rate for our members. For example, the Individual Registered Nurse course is $125. For PAC/LAC members it is offered for $50.
To register for the following courses please contact Juanita Spears at
bfhi @ lactationtraining.com and mention PAC/LAC to receive the discounted rate.
Healthcare Course for Registered Nurses: $50
15 hours of webcast lessons (video of power point presentation with instructor’s audio) covering the 10 Steps to Breastfeeding Success. At the end of the 15 hours of online training, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative’s 10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding
- Recommend prenatal educational activities to prepare for breastfeeding
- Assist mothers in initiating breastfeeding during their hospital or birth center stay
- Troubleshoot common breastfeeding problems
- Instruct mothers in continued breastfeeding according to the recommendations of the U.S. Surgeon General
- Interact successfully with the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative assessment team
Click to read the Course Outline and Course Topics Overview to learn more about this course.
Provider Course for Physicians/Midwives: $35
3 hour training for Physicians, Midwives, Physician Assistants, and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) with privileges for labor, delivery, maternity, and nursery/newborn care.
Public Health Course for Public Health Nurses: $20
5 hours of out-patient specific training for public health nurses and others working with families after hospital discharge. Not all facilities will have a need to train staff to work with out-patient families, but for those who do, this will build on the initial 15 hours of training and address long term breastfeeding issues.
For NICU Registered Nurses and Baby-Friendly Add-in Courses, please visit: